Silicon carbide whisker used as reinforcement materials for ceramics, metals and plastics
Aluminium Silicon Carbide
Aluminium silicon carbide which has a high melting point, a stability in a wide temperature range and an excellent hydration resistance
Tateho’s REFTAT® AC-1 (Aluminium silicon carbide, Al4SiC4) has a high melting point of 2037ºC. This is a material stable in a wide range of temperatures and has excellent water resistance.
REFTAT® AC-1 was developed and commercialized through the joint research of Okayama Ceramics Research Foundation and Tateho Chemical Industries Co., Ltd.
By adding our REFTAT® Aluminium Silicon Carbide to a refractory material, Al4C3 and AlN (the easily hydratable component in the refractory) are less generated and the refractory has the denser structure. So REFTAT® have a good anti-oxidization effect on carbon materials.
REFTAT® AC-1 is a high-quality material with few impurities and it is used for the antioxidant for refractories.
1. It is stable in a wide range of temperatures.
- Since its melting point is 2037ºC, stability at a high temperature is expected.
2. It has excellent water-resistance.
3. It is a material containing few impurities.
4. It is a long awaited new compound applicable for various materials.
- Its application for refractory materials and the densification effect on high-temperature materials are well documented.
REFTAT® AC-1, Form: Powder
FreeDownload Product Information
Product information is available for download here.DOWNLOAD ＞
Please contact us if you want to evaluate this product.CONTACT US ＞