Magnesium oxide has features as high purity (99.9%) and high dispersibility.
Single Crystal Magnesium Oxide Substrate
MIRACRYSTAR® is the largest crystal MgO that has the purity of 99.9%. This single crystal MgO exhibits excellent characteristics, providing infinite possibilities as essential materials for various applications.
Forming a large, single-crystal magnesium oxide had been considered difficult, given the material’s extremely high vapor pressure and the high melting point required.
Yet, as a specialized manufacturer in magnesium oxide, in 1968 Tateho achieved the world’s first success in commercializing large single crystals, utilizing its proprietary electro-fused and crystallization technologies.
Today, Tateho continues to produce the world’s largest single-crystal magnesium oxide with a purity of 99.9% or more ― MIRACRYSTAR®.
This single crystal MgO "MIRACRYSTAR®" exhibits excellent characteristics, providing infinite possibilities as an essential materials for various applications.
Miracle Crystal from Seawater
1. Excellent surface smoothness
2. Non-reactive with the film at high temperature
3. High heat resistance and high insulation
4. Easy to make epitaxial film
5. Lattice constant and coefficient of thermal expansion that is better matching with the film
6. Excellent light transmission that Optical measurement on film available
• Substrate for high temperature superconducting film formation (Filter used for communication and space observation, YBCO)
• Substrate for ferroelectric film formation (Infrared ray sensor used for thermometer and thermoregulator, PZT)
• Substrate for diamond growth
• Substrate for magnetic film formation (MRAM, TMR)
• Target material for spatter
• Model Number: MIRACRYSTAR® SSC#1
• Prices are negotiable depend on quantities.
Size and Chemical Properties (Typical)
*Up to 101.6φmm×0.5mm on request.
*(110), (111) and other orientation upon request.
|Chemical Properties|| MgO：> 99.9% |
*ICP Optical Emission Spectroscopy