Magnesium Hydroxide Based Heat Storage Material
Mg(OH)2-based Chemical Thermal Storage Medium that makes an exhaust heat utilization below 300℃ available
The CHARGEMAG® PM-1 Mg(OH)2-based Chemical Thermal Storage Medium has been developed through the collaborative research with the associate professor Junichi RYU of Chiba university. Though a normal magnesium hydroxide can only utilize waste heat above 350 °C, CHARGEMAG® PM-1 can make an exhaust heat utilization at the low temperature zone (about 300℃) available which could not be used before. The chemical heat pump using CHARGEMAG® PM-1 can be a system that effectively utilize waste heat at a low temperature which has not been effectively utilized so far. We will contribute to the realization of a low-carbon society by using this technology.
Chemical Thermal Storage Medium for Exhaust Heat Utilization at Lower Temperature
1. Heat Utilization at 300℃
It can make an exhaust heat utilization at the low temperature zone (about 300℃) available which could not be used before.
2. Usable Semi-Permanently
It is an reversible chemical reaction.
3. Transportable for Long Distance
It’s stable so it can be transported by vehicles.
4. Easy Heat Radiation
By supplying water vapor at about 80℃, it can radiate heat.
Principle of Heat Reserving and Radiating of CHARGEMAG®
Principle of heat reserving and radiating of CHARGEMAG®
• CHARGEMAG® store and radiate heat by using heat absorption / heat generation when magnesium hydroxide and magnesium oxide convert each other by chemical reaction.
• Magnesium oxide has an excellent stability under normal temperature and normal pressure, so CHARGEMAG® can store heat for a long time.
The system for applying factory waste heat to heat sources of residents
• This technology can effectively utilize factory waste heat throughout the country. Therefore, it can contribute to energy cost reduction at each factory.
• This technology can also utilize waste heat from cogeneration system, so it can offer energy saving services to energy operators etc. in addition to business owners who own factories.
By combining metal salts, we succeeded in developing CHARGEMAG® PM-1, which starting temperature and peak temperature of thermal storage are about 50 °C lower than normal magnesium hydroxide.
Tateho is also developing products with lower storage temperature than CHARGEMAG® PM-1. Please inquire for detail.